The globalization of the marketplace has resulted in an extreme escalation of competition and has made talent acquisition the main focal point for most progressive high growth organizations.
Competition, new technology, and workplace trends are changing the way that we recruit. Here’s a list of the top recruiting trends that you need to be on the lookout for in 2017:
- Mobile Recruiting- Having technology at the tip of our fingers to search, save, and apply for jobs has become an expectation for candidates looking for their dream job. Device-agnostic career pages and mobile apps allow candidates to conduct their job search on the go and receive instant notifications for job matches and job openings.
- Workplace Diversity- A recent survey conducted by SHRM found that 57% of recruiters say their talent acquisition strategies are designed to attract diverse candidates. Attracting, retaining, and engaging a diverse workforce sparks innovation, drives productivity, and boosts overall performance.
- Increased Social Media Presence- Social media has drastically changed the recruiting game. Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor continue to grow, reaching more potential candidates. Employers are taking advantage of company pages to post free job advertisements and then encouraging employees to share these opportunities across their personal social communities to drive employee referrals.
- Talent Rediscovery- Some of the best candidates out there are already sitting on your desk. Candidates that may have not been a good fit for one position might be an awesome fit for another position within your organization. Be sure to hold on to the good resumes that come through, you just might save yourself a lot of time.
- Applicant Tracking Systems- An ATS makes the recruitment process a lot more efficient by sorting through thousands of resumes to determine which candidates match the specific requirements of a position. Applicant Tracking Systems expedite the process so you can fill open positions faster with qualified candidates.
- Talent War- The multitude of available channels make it easy to search and connect with potential candidates. This is also true for every other organization competing for top talent. Organizations are now finding that they need to take more of a sales approach in order to stand out against its competition.
- Employer Branding- Candidates are attracted to organizations with a good reputation. Organizations that maintain a positive image, make a lasting first impression, and focus on providing both candidates and employees with a great overall experience build up an organization’s brand and appeal to candidates.
Bringing in the wrong people can be costly and hinder your organization’s progress and overall morale. Stay informed and up-to-date with the latest trends to ensure you’re not missing out on candidates that could be great assets to your team.
This blog was written by Ally Edwards, Marketing Guru at PeopleGuru™. This post may not be copied or published without permission.