We are deep into the holiday season, and the new year is right around the corner. In addition to the regular office chaos and the stress of year-end activities, holiday parties, buying gifts, and planning dinners can be major distractions as you work hard to meet your deadlines before the new year.
With all of these distractions, increasing productivity and concentration can be the best gifts of all. Here are five ways that you can stay productive at work during this holiday season:
1. Organize – Take advantage of the morning hours for some alone time where you can set daily goals for yourself and make a checklist of things to do. Separate work tasks from your holiday preparation tasks.
2. Focus on the vital few versus the many – During the holiday season, it’s easy to get pulled in multiple directions and take on too many initiatives. Focus on the most important tasks that need to be completed before year-end and clear your plate of those initiatives that can be addressed next year.
3. Collaborate – Your co-workers are in the same boat as you. Lean on each other, make a plan, and constantly communicate with each other on how you’re going to tackle the workload and compensate for team members that are out taking vacation days.
4. Exercise – Take 30 minutes every day to do some type of physical activity. Exercising is a great way to relieve stress, clear your mind, and of course help burn off the holiday cookies.
5. Get Enough Sleep – Stress and lack of sleep lead to sickness which makes for a miserable holiday season. Take care of yourself and ensure you’re getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night. You’ll wake up feeling refreshed in the morning ready to take on the day.
Be proactive and take the necessary steps to fulfill your responsibilities so that you can take full advantage of the days off to rest and relax before taking on the new year.
This blog was written by Ally Edwards, Marketing Guru at PeopleGuru. This post may not be copied or published without PeopleGuru's express written permission.