With the summer almost over and fall quickly approaching, HR leaders are kicking into high gear planning for Benefit Open Enrollment, Budget Planning, Compliance Reporting, and Mid-Year Reviews. If you are like so many other HR leaders of mid-market organizations, you may have elected to upgrade or deploy a new Human Capital Management (HCM) software platform with a January go live.
Starting the new year with a modern day HCM platform designed to help you achieve your objectives can be ideal for most organizations. You have a unique opportunity to design your "new house" from the ground up to ensure you maximize your investment in technology and your people.
A successful outcome is contingent on both the client and the vendor being accountable to executing on their responsibilities, as outlined in a well-defined project plan. To avoid being ill-prepared for what will be expected of you and your team during your HCM deployment, consider the following:
- How will I measure success? What are my goals and metrics?
- What are the desired outcomes of this project?
- Have I conducted a detailed review of my current processes?
- How will my team handle change management?
- Who is the project lead? Does this designated person have solid project management experience?
- Are the key business stakeholders engaged and aligned with the project?
- Which team members will be trained and do their calendars support the training curriculum?
- How accessible is our current data? Will my team need help with data migration?
- Do we have the resources to conduct data validation?
- What is our team's understanding of our desired workflows & transaction approval processes?
Calendar management is critical when it comes to preparing for any form of technology deployment. With holidays approaching, PTO requests piling in, and unforeseen setbacks, the calendar can be your friend or enemy. To help you stay on track, download this sample HCM Phase 1 Deployment Calendar.
This blog was written by Steve Cohen, Chief Revenue Guru at PeopleGuru. This post may not be copied or published without permission.